Orville’s Power Crunch Bars
Prep Time 30 MINS
Cook Time 45 MINS
Serves 24 servings (1 bar each)
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (99 g) Orville Redenbacher's® Smart Pop!® 100 Calorie Buttery Flavour Microwave Popcorn
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
The great taste of oatmeal cookies, dried cranberries, and Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn in one deliciously crunchy bar.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 15x10-inch shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions.
- Remove all unpopped kernels; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and margarine in large bowl using electric mixer on high speed.
- Add water and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour mixture; blend well.
- Reduce speed to low; add cranberries.
- Cover hands with plastic gloves or sandwich-size plastic bags; spray with cooking spray.
- Incorporate popped corn into cookie dough.
- Spread mixture in pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool before cutting into 24 bars.
- Store bars in tightly sealed container.