Holiday Kernel Popcorn Balls
Prep Time 5 MINS
Cook Time 30 MINS
Serves 12 servings
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 bag (82g) Orville Redenbacher's® Gourmet® Buttery Microwave Popcorn
- 4 cups (1L) miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, divided
- 15 drops green food coloring
- Coarse colored sugar and candy canes or gum drops, optional
Holiday Kernel Popcorn Balls Popcorn ball recipe made with kernel corn to resemble holiday ornaments when decorated with festive colored sugar and candy for the ornament tops
- Spray large bowl, rubber spatula and piece of waxed paper with cooking spray; set aside. Pop kernel corn according to package directions. Remove all un-popped kernels and place half of popped corn (about 8 cups/2L) in bowl.
- Place 2 cups (500 mL) marshmallows and 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 45 seconds or until marshmallows melt and mixture blends when stirred. Stir in food coloring.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popped corn in bowl. Toss with greased rubber spatula to coat. Divide mixture and shape into 6 balls. Place on waxed paper.
- Decorate with coarse sugar and candy canes or gum drops, if desired. Repeat above steps with remaining popped corn, marshmallows and butter to make uncolored popcorn balls. Decorate with sugar and candy, if desired.