Herbed Popcorn Cornbread
Prep Time 15
Cook Time 15
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cornmeal
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 bag (220 g bag) Orville Ready-to-Eat Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder until well combined.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and butter until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in cheese, bacon, green onions, parsley and chives; fold in popcorn.
- Scrape into greased 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan; smooth top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and cornbread springs back when touched lightly in centre. Transfer to rack; let cool completely or serve warm.