Gigantic Turtle Candies
Prep Time 30 MINS
Cook Time 1 HRS 30 MINS
Serves 21 servings (1 each)
- 1 pkg (99 g each) Orville Redenbacher's® Gourmet® Buttery Flavour Microwave Popcorn
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 63 pecan halves
- 1 pkg (14 oz each) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 pkg (12 oz each) semisweet chocolate morsels
Three pecan halves, making the turtle’s head and front legs, are topped with caramel coated popcorn, then covered with melted chocolate.
These popcorn turtle candies are a fun holiday treat—and they make great gifts.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions.
- Remove all unpopped kernels.
- Place popped corn in large bowl; set aside.
- Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Arrange 21 groups of three pecan halves in cloverleaf pattern on baking sheets.
- Place caramels, margarine and milk in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until caramels melt, stirring once.
- Pour over popcorn; gently toss to coat evenly.
- Cool 2 minutes.
- Spray hands with cooking spray.
- Shape popcorn into 1-inch mounds; press onto center of each pecan cloverleaf.
- Place chocolate morsels in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until smooth when stirred. Drizzle over each popcorn mound.
- Chill 1 hour or overnight.