Butter Toffee Crunch Popcorn
Prep Time 45 MINS
Cook Time 1 HRS 15 MINS
Serves 24 servings (½ cup each)
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 bag (99 g each) Orville Redenbacher's® Gourmet® Buttery Flavour Microwave Popcorn
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups margarine
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/3 tablespoons + 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
Crunchy, chewy, and delicious! Toffee-coated popcorn, toasted coconut, and peanuts drizzled with chocolate.
- Spray 15x10-inch shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions.
- Remove all unpopped kernels.
- Place popped corn, peanuts and coconut in pan; set aside.
- Place sugar, margarine, water and corn syrup in large saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat until margarine melts, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon.
- Continue boiling until mixture reaches 280°F (soft-crack stage) on a candy thermometer (about 20 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat popcorn evenly.
- Allow to cool at room temperature.
- Place chocolate morsels in 2-cup glass measure.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred.
- Drizzle over toffee popcorn and refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- Break into small pieces.