Cherry Popcorn Crunch
Prep Time 30 MINS
Cook Time 30 MINS
Serves 18 servings (⅔ cups)
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pkg (3 oz or 85 g each) cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 bag (99 g each) Orville Redenbacher's® Gourmet® Buttery Flavour Microwave Popcorn
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
A colourful treat for any occasion. This sweet, crunchy treat features cherry gelatin caramelized over popcorn.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions.
- Remove all unpopped kernels.
- Place popped corn in pan; set aside.
- Combine gelatin, corn syrup, sugar, water and vinegar in medium heavy saucepan; bring to a boil and continue boiling 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Immediately pour over popcorn and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir again.
- Spread on parchment paper, sprayed with cooking spray, to cool.
- Store in tightly sealed container.