Caramel ‘Surprise’ Popcorn Balls
Prep Time 10 MINS
Cook Time 20 MINS
Serves 15 servings
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 bag (82 g) Orville Redenbacher's® Gourmet® Buttery Microwave Popcorn
- 7 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 15 foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces, unwrapped
- Colored cellophane (8x8-inch squares) and ribbons, optional
Caramel ‘Surprise’ Popcorn Balls These delicious, easy-to-prepare popcorn balls have a “surprise” in the center!
- Spray wooden spoon and large bowl with Pam. Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all un-popped kernels. Place popped corn in greased large bowl.
- Place marshmallows, butter, sugar and vanilla in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Stir with greased wooden spoon. Microwave 1 minute more; stir well.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn. Mix well with greased wooden spoon. Moisten hands with water; divide popcorn mixture into 15 equal portions. Form into balls around each chocolate piece, completely enclosing the chocolate. Wrap each popcorn ball in colored cellophane; tie with a ribbon, if desired. Store in tightly sealed container up to 2 days.